Thursday, March 31, 2011

Crib-Post # 1

This is not to say that I don't crib in my other posts. But cribbing is never the focus and only a by-product.
So I thought of starting this series where I could crib with a focussed approach and complete, undivided attention. So, yeah, here we are:

I have always wondered at how bad I am with roads and directions. I mean you can't even imagine how exactly bad. If the directions involve anything but a straight line, I am bound to get lost. This holds true even if I have been to the place frigging 'n' number of times. It gets quite embarrassing at times, but I got to face the shit if there's a problem with me!

And worst part of the deal is when you get into a taxi and tell the cabbie to take you to a certain place and the cabbie asks you which road should he take. Since you are this God's gift to mankind otherwise (except for this small flaw of being bad with directions), you decide to act smart and tell the cabbie to take the road that would take you faster to the destination. In 9 instances out of 10, I can make out a smirk on the driver's face which reads 'Aaj accha murga fansa hai, lemme take the longer route!'

Then there would be friends and relatives who are visiting your city and who assume that you are a free tourist-guide. They would repeatedly call you for directions and random questions about how to reach a certain restaurant / monument from some godforsaken place they were stuck at. Needless to say, you are in for a lot of taanas should you tell them you don't know the way.

Sigh. Life sucks.

6 comments:

Bihag Bhatt said...

So you think you have problems! I have to consciously remember and work out which way is left or right! Multiple times I have chosen the wrong turn just in this confusion!

Kavity said...

Haha am glad!
I have always assumed that 'directionally challenged' is a very feminine thing!

Yogesh said...

@Bihag - Yes, unlike women, men don't get happy to find someone is weirder than themselves :P

@Kavity - I also thought so! :(

Fantasies of a Lifetime said...

ha ha ha . Buy a better phone and install google maps :P

Yogesh said...

@Fantasies - Me and phones would be another blog! :)

Sandeep Baheti said...

I share the same story

Related Posts with Thumbnails